Every Friday night, we have takeout or frozen pizza, and have video game or movie night, depending on what we’re in the mood for. We even eat right in the living room, using our coffee table as a makeshift kitchen table, and the kids get to have root beer or lemonade with their pizza, instead of the usual milk. It’s a treat for them, and it’s much less cleanup afterwards!
Thanks to Sam’s Club and Jenn Sbranti (Editor-in-Chief and founder of Hostess with the Mostess), I have some great tips to make Family Movie Night even better. I also have tips I found at About.com for throwing a Rapunzel party to go along with watching Tangled!
1. SETTING THE MOOD
Get creative with a few fun (and EASY!) decorations inspired by your feature presentation. Example: for a Star Wars viewing party, turn off all the lights, hang white string lights across the room and scatter some glow-in-the-dark stars around the coffee table to help bring the “galaxy” to life in your own living room. For a Tangled party, insert battery-operated tea lights or glow sticks inside paper lanterns.
2. DELICIOUS DRINKS
Sip creative, themed drinks inspired by the movie of the night, such as “Yoda Soda” (lime sherbet + lemon-lime soda) or “Frozen Jedi Juice” for a screening of Star Wars. To make “Frozen Jedi Juice”, partially freeze your favorite flavor of juice or koolaid and serve it “slushy style” from cups embellished with the phrase “May the Freeze be with you.” For a Tangled party, think of the scene where Flynn and Rapunzel go to the Snuggly Duckling pub, and serve root beer in mugs.
3. THEMED TREATS
Think outside the popcorn box and serve up clever treats named after elements of the movie, such as “Darth Cheddars” (grilled cheese sandwiches) or “Storm Trooper Sundaes“. Make edible “Light Sabers” by dipping pretzel rods in colored candy melts or tinted white chocolate. After the candy has dried, wrap one end of the “light saber” with tin foil to create the “handle”.
For all your Family Movie Night needs, Sam’s Club has great deals on televisions, home theater sound systems, blu-ray players, and of course, drinks and snacks. Stop by Sam’s Club before your next Family Movie Night to stock up!
WIN IT: Thanks to Sam’s Club, one lucky MomReviews reader will win the Tangled Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack!
MAIN ENTRY: For your main entry, visit the Sam’s Club homepage, browse around, then come back and leave a comment telling me something you learned on the site. This must be done before any bonus entries will count.
ENTRY DATES AND RULES: Enter by October 21st 2011 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Open to U.S. mailing addresses only. The winner will be chosen using the “And The Winner Is” plugin and emailed for their mailing address and daytime phone number (for package tracking). Shipping will be handled by the PR firm organizing the giveaway. MomReviews is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes.
BONUS ENTRIES: Earn a bonus entry for each of the following that you do or have done. Leave a separate comment for each-
- Subscribe to the MomReviews feed in a reader or by email using the convenient RSS button in the sidebar. Leave a comment telling me which way you subscribed. (1 entry)
- Stumble or Digg this post or use any of the social bookmarking buttons at the end of the post to bookmark it. Leave a comment with the URL for EACH site where you bookmarked the post. (1 entry for each site you submit this post to)
- Like this giveaway on Facebook using the Like button at the bottom of the post, leave a comment letting me know. (1 entry)
- Add the giveaway URL to any blog contest linky. You get one bonus entry for each site where you link the giveaway! Leave a comment for each that includes the URL of the linky site. (1 entry for each)
- Follow @MomReviews on Twitter and tweet the giveaway by using the retweet button at the bottom of the post or by copy/pasting this message: I’m entering to win the Tangled Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack from @MomReviews. Ends 10/21, 11:59 pm EST. http://bit.ly/nlqYWM You can tweet once per day, leave a separate comment for each with your tweet URL. (1 entry per day)
THESE ARE WORTH THREE ENTRIES. LEAVE THREE NUMBERED COMMENTS FOR EACH THAT YOU DO:
- Connect to Me! Become a Google Friend Connect Fan of mine using the button in the footer and let me know in each comment
- Network with Me! If you use NetworkedBlogs, follow me using the badge in the footer and let me know in each comment
- “Like” MomReviews on Facebook by clicking the “like” button in the footer and let me know in each comment. My page loves having fans!
THESE ARE WORTH FIVE ENTRIES. LEAVE FIVE NUMBERED COMMENTS FOR EACH THAT YOU DO:
- Link to MomReviews on your sidebar or grab my button from the sidebar and post it on your blog. Leave five separate, numbered comments with the URL.
- Blog about the giveaway with a link back to this post. Leave five separate, numbered comments with the URL.
NOTE: Spam stinks. Comments left with keywords instead of a real first name or blog name will be DELETED, no exceptions. Comments that do not follow the main entry rules will also be deleted, no exceptions.
I’ll choose the winner using the “And the Winner Is” plugin on October 22nd, announce it by editing the post, and email the winner for their mailing address. Shipping will be handled by the sponsor. Thanks for entering and good luck everybody!