As a mom, you have a busy life. You want to keep up with everything and know that your home looks the best that it can. That being said, there are a lot of things that you can do to help your home look in top shape. Here are 7 DIY home improvement tips that any mom can fit into their busy schedule.
- Know when it’s the right time to DIY. Sometimes, you can fix something easily and without spending too much time, money, or energy on it. Sometimes, it’s just better if you call someone in to take care of it for you. Either way, you want to make sure that you learn the difference between the two instead of wasting your time on something you may not be able to fix.
- Take care of squeaky doors. Look at the bolts. Are they too tight? Is it hard for them to move back and forth? Loosen or tighten the bolts depending on which issue that you may be having. If that doesn’t work, consider putting petroleum jelly in there to help them be more flexible.
- Take a look at parts of your home that may have been water damaged. If there are areas that are water damaged, it is time to evaluate. In some cases, you can just replace the flooring and get things done in no time. In other situations, you may want to call in someone like DYW Water Restoration to take care of it all for you in the long run.
- Take care of stains in your tub. If you have started to notice that there are stains in your tub, you can actually fix them quite easily. Take some cream of tartar and baking soda. Mix them together into a paste and then put it over the stains. Let it sit for about an hour and, after you rinse it off with water, you will find that the tub looks pretty fantastic after you finish this process.
- Consider getting your carpets cleaned. While you may be able to get a lot of the cleaning done by vacuuming and doing other such activities, you want to try a few other techniques first. Call DYW Carpet Cleaning in Mesa AZ to see if they can do a deep clean for you and that will make everything look even better in the end.
- Get life back in your cushions. Take your cushions outside and let them sit in the sun. Flip them over about after an hour, then let them sit another hour. This will help to bring out the “puff” in your cushions. Just make sure that you bring them in before they start to fade.
- Rearrange Your Home. Sometimes, a bit of rearranging is all that you need to improve your home. Consider moving some stuff around to get things in order and to bring a little bit of life back into the way that you’ve had your home for so long.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- How To Find The Best Ring For Your Someone Special - December 11, 2017
- Does a schools website impact whether you’d send your child there? - November 27, 2017
- Toys your newborn baby will love - November 27, 2017