Image by brownpau via Flickr
Moving overseas is a very stressful process, and there is the decision of whether or not to take your car with you. In fact, you may not be able to take your car with you, so you will need to get ready to sell it. We’ve put together some tips to make the entire process less daunting.
SELLING YOUR CAR BEFORE MOVING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
Before you move overseas, take heed of these two top tips:
- Make sure you plan beforehand. You may still need the car before you move overseas, but it can also be difficult if you have not yet closed the deal before your departure. We think 3 weeks or more should be plenty of time, but of course it will depend on your car and the price you want for it. Using a car buying service is a great way to get cash in hand just before you go. Talk to experts and get Sell My Car free car valuations.
- If you have to sell your car at the last minute, you may have to prepare yourself to accept a little less than its market value as you are going to need the sale.
OPTIONS FOR SELLING YOUR CAR
There are a few options when it comes to selling the family car:
- A private sale
- You may want to try and sell the car privately to whoever the highest bidder may be by placing an ad in the local paper or car websites.
- This can take quite a long time, though, but you could fetch a good price if you plan far enough in advance.
- There is quite a bit of hassle involved. You have to wait for potential buyers to come and view the car, do test drives, and want to haggle you down to as low a price as possible.
- Be prepared to early morning or late night phone calls, no shows, and con artists.
- Dealerships may only consider buying your car if it has a low mileage and is in excellent condition, which does make for a quick sale if everything is satisfactory.
- Be prepared not to get your desired price as the dealer has to add on a margin to what they plan on selling the car for in order to make a profit.
- Unless your car is in superior condition, it can be hard to sell it to a dealer, so you will need to be prepared for any disappointments.
- A car buying service
- You can sell your car quickly, just before you move overseas, and just by filling in a few details.
- A representative will come to you to evaluate the car and assess it.
- The company will buy your car for cash, provided it is in good working condition, not damaged, or easy enough to repair, and you will get paid quickly, giving you cash in hand for your big move.
We hope these tips have given you enough to think about in order to sell your car quickly and with ease before moving overseas.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- How To Find The Best Ring For Your Someone Special - December 11, 2017
- Does a schools website impact whether you’d send your child there? - November 27, 2017
- Toys your newborn baby will love - November 27, 2017