Are you looking to reduce pesky fine lines and wrinkles? BOTOX® and Juvéderm® are two popular injectable treatments used for reducing facial wrinkles and plumping lips. Their anti-aging compounds offer consistent and effective results by softening, hydrating and rejuvenating the skin temporarily before naturally dissipating in the body over time.
Until recently, the only on-label indications for BOTOX® were for crow’s-feet, horizontal forehead lines and the vertical glabellar lines (the “11” that appears between the eyebrows when squinting). The medical community has since discovered numerous other uses for these effective treatments, and the list keeps growing. Here are six surprising cosmetic uses for these non-surgical treatments.
1. Add structure to hollow temples —As you age, fat and volume can disappear from the temples, causing them to look hollow and shrunken. Small injections of dermal filler into this area can treat the loss of volume and offer a more youthful contour.
2. Treat an aging neck — The first signs of aging typically show on the neck, as it’s one of the most neglected areas of the body. Indicators of time marching on include wrinkles, fine lines, dark spots, sagging and a crepey texture. The two vertical strips of muscle that run along the neck also can become more prominent with age or weight fluctuation. A BOTOX® treatment can significantly reduce the evidence of aging, with little to no downtime.
3. Get rid of wrinkles on the knees — Do you have fine, crepey lines on your knees? Natural loss of elasticity and sun damage become more obvious as you grow older. Injecting a filler into these lines can help soften wrinkles and give the skin a smoother, more youthful appearance.
4. Plump up the ear lobes —With normal aging, ear lobes may become thin and wrinkly. Wearing heavy earrings also can leave lasting damage, causing ear lobes to sag or droop. Injecting them with a hyaluronic acid-based filler, such as Juvéderm®, can help prevent further stretching or widening of pierced earring holes. The gel consistency of the filler helps restore shape in the ear lobe and enables individuals to wear heavy earrings again.
5. Ease chin wrinkles — Both the sun and aging can take their toll on the chin and contribute to a wrinkly or cobblestone appearance. Injecting the chin with a neurotoxin, such as BOTOX®, relaxes the area, smooths out wrinkles and gives the chin a stronger profile. Any horizontal lines in the mid-chin area, as well as wrinkles that extend up to the lip line, can be treated with fillers.
6. Smooth out hands — Hands are profoundly affected by the aging process, as they lose skin volume over time. Filler injections are able to correct age-related volume loss and camouflage prominent veins, tendons and bones.
BOTOX® and Juvéderm® are effective tools for treating a variety of skin concerns. They can even serve as an enhancement for individuals who don’t yet show any significant signs of aging. For more ways these common injectables can safely be used, see the accompanying infographic.
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About Dumex Mamil Gold Products - March 30, 2020
- Fashion and Beauty – Influenced by Film and Television? - March 18, 2020
- 4 Must-have Cleaning Equipment for Your Home - February 28, 2020